May is editing month!


I admit it, I procrastinate. Whether it is writing, or study, or even doing the housework (okay, especially doing the housework), it seems to hit me hard with its massive iron fist. And always at the most inconvenient of times.

Just like a futuristic, armour-plated cyborg, the procrastinator is hard to take out. It's big, it's strong. It is one tough cookie.



"Come over to the dark side, we have cookies..."

I have a completed manuscript that I've been editing. It is up to it's third draft now and I am nearly ready for it to go out into the world for beta's to read-through. Before I do that though, I want to do one final edit to ensure that what I have recently added (and subtracted) flows and fits in with the overall plot. I also want to do a check for any chunky language and unnecessary word-creep that has bulked up the story. 

So, this month I plan to take my newly sharpened cookie-cutter to the procrastinator, slicing away at any body part presented, until he is no more. I am going to edit one chapter a day. Yes, just one. I don't want to overdo it and get too overwhelmed. A procrastinator is hard to take out and if you attack it full-pelt, it will make you bleed. I want to cut slowly but deeply, one chapter at a time, until the procrastinator realises that I ain't backing down. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Followers